Sunday, September 23, 2012

saugatuck


Saugatuck, Michigan is one of the Midwest's hidden gems. Located 2 hours north of Chicago, on one of the more prettier interstates I have encountered, it is a home away from home. The locale is easy, and home town feel. The downtown has many boutique shops that specialize in food and kitchen ware. The Spice Merchants have an amazing store, and hundreds of flavors that are hand milled. The Butler Pantry is one of my favorite places to pick up fun kitchen equipment. Since the downtown is located on the harbor you can grab a drink at the Mermaid Bar and Grill and watch the boats come in. I like to make a trip to Saugatuck Brewing Co. and trying out their latest brews. If your into wine  I recommend taking a trip to Fenn Valley Winery and take one of their very informative tours. There is also the wonderful Oval beach that draws my attention, located next to a sand dune the scene is quite picturesque and water is always calm. I recommend going in the summer, though the city never shuts down and has many winter activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment